Wednesday, July 18, 2012


1.  Higher Education in a Web 2.0 World
What does the changing environment of higher education in a Web 2.0 world mean to me?


Initial thoughts revolve around

1.   Inevitability

2.   Curiosity:

 How can I use these new technologies to improve my time management as I am already time poor. How will my time investment in learning and implementing Web 2.0 technologies pay dividends
a.  Improve my students learning
b.  To streamline my preparation time for learning sessions

3.   Caution
a. How could web 2.0 detract from students learning: balance the need for students to learn to interact in the real world face to face, which is the substance of clinical medicine.
b. EVIDENCE based medicine: how do we critically analyze information that is shared: how do we maintain quality and accuracy
c. How can we prevent ‘cyber bullying’?



4.   Analysis
How will I assess if implemented ICT changes in my learning environments prove effective?

5.   Creativity
I like the idea of incorporating tools that utilise visual auditory and tactile tools

No comments:

Post a Comment